Bat may be marred by their vampiric stereotypes, but they are also a hotbed for viruses & bacteria – most of all rabies! These little creatures can be intriguing as far as curbing insects is concerned, but they can become downright irritating when they take up residence in your attic – also called a bat infestation!
In this blog post by Classic Pest Control Operators, we will discuss the best methods for evicting bats from your home so that you can reclaim your peace. Stay tuned for tips on how to keep bats from coming back!
Bats are interesting creatures, but they’re not exactly welcome guests in your home. These nocturnal animals can enter through tiny cracks and crevices, and once they’re in, they can be difficult to remove.
Some Tips on Getting Rid of Them & Making Your Attic Less Hospitable for Bats
You can do a few things to make your attic less hospitable for bats.
- First, try to keep the area as clean & illuminated as possible. Bats abhor light, so by keeping your attic bright, you’ll make it less appealing to them.
- You can also try playing recordings of bat sound deterrence devices. These devices emit high-frequency sounds that are designed to deter bats.
- Try sealing tiny cracks and crevices from which they can enter your space.
- Close all of the doors and windows, except for one. Wait in a safe location while the bat flies out. It can sense air movement, so it will generally fly toward it and leave when it feels insecure at home.
- If you set a broom on top of a bat when it’s on the ground, it will frequently turn around and grab it, possibly biting it in self-defense. Then all you have to do is move the broom to a doorway or window where you can flick the bat free or even leave the broom down and wait for the bat to go away.
- Finally, you can make your attic as uninviting as possible by removing any food and water sources. Bats typically eat insects, so they may be less likely to stick around if you can eliminate their food source.
When you have bats in your attic, you want them out – and you want them out now. While it’s quite tempting to try to handle the situation yourself, it’s important to remember that bats can carry diseases like rabies. It’s best to leave bat removal to the professionals.
Fortunately, there are professional pest control companies that can help. These companies have the experience and equipment necessary to safely remove bats from your home. They will also be able to identify potential entry points and seal them up so that the bats can’t come back.
So, if you’re out on the hunt for a professional pest control company in Springtown, look no further than Classic Pest Control Operators, Inc! We specialize in pest prevention and control, and our team of experts is dedicated to keeping your space free of unwanted pests.
We specialize in pest prevention and control, and our team of experts is dedicated to keeping your space free of unwanted pests. We will work quickly but efficiently to get rid of any bats or other pests that have taken up roosting in your home or office, and we’ll make sure they don’t come back!