So, you have discovered a bed buginfestation. Suddenly, the worry and stress of where they came from and how to get rid of them sets in. But we are here to tell you that there are plenty of remedies to get rid of bed bugs safely and effectively. You don’t have to suffer through the infestation alone.
This guide will explore a few popular methods and some natural home remedies that could help rid these pesky critters for good. Keep reading to learn more!
1. Vacuum Regularly
The vacuum sucks up any bugs or eggs lurking in your mattress or furniture. Don’t miss any cracks & crevices in your furniture or other areas where bed bugs might be hiding.
2. Steam Clean Your Bedding and Furniture
This is another excellent way to control bed bugs and their eggs. The steam will penetrate all the cracks and crevices in your furniture and bedding, killing any bugs hiding there. High temperature is one of the few things that can kill bed bugs.
3. Use A Quality Encasement for Your Mattress and Box Spring
A good encasement prevents any bed bugs in your mattress or box spring from getting out and prevents any new ones from getting in. Be sure to get an encasement designed explicitly for bed bugs, as some encasements are ineffective against them.
4. Use Insecticide
Insecticides can be effective against bedbugs, but you should use them cautiously. Some insecticides can be harmful to humans if misused. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them precisely before using any insecticide.
One of the most effective insecticides against bedbugs is pyrethrin, derived from chrysanthemum flowers. You can find pyrethrin-based insecticides at most hardware and home improvement stores.
5. Use Home Remedies
- Apply a mixture of borax and diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of your room to keep bedbugs from entering. This mixture kills the bed bugs in your home.
- Fill a spray bottle with equal parts water & white vinegar. Spray liberally on any areas you suspect bedbugs are hiding. The acid in the vinegar kills them on contact.
- Make a trap by setting out a bowl of soapy water. Bedbugs are attracted to the smell of human skin, so they’ll crawl into the bowl and drown.
- Mix 1 part cornstarch and 1 part baking soda. Sprinkle the mixture around the perimeter of your bed. The bugs will crawl into it and become dehydrated, eventually dying.
We know how much of a nightmare it can be to deal with a bedbug infestation. You’re constantly worried about them crawling on you while you sleep, and the bites can be incredibly itchy.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help. At Classic Pest Control Operators, Inc., we offer effective bed bug treatment services that will help you get rid of your bedbug infestation for good. We understand how frustrating and stressful it can be to deal with these pests! So, contact us in Boyd, TX, today! We’ll be happy to help you get rid of those pesky pests once and for all.